Engaging journalist, creative storyteller, inquisitive mind, with the ability to capture the most vulnerable and human side of people.
I dig deeper for long and short-term investigations, always build sources/go beyond facts to connect with heart of the story.
I am committed to journalism that is truthful, fearless, fair and smart.
• Never one to sit idly by, I would rather be in the thick of things getting the story.
• I have always had a naturally inquisitive nature.
• My journalism career started in college, reporting for the Albany Student Press.
• I currently report for Hudson TV, a digital broadcast station.
• I spent two years as a one-man-band at WTAP-TV, the NBC affiliate in Parkersburg,
WV, where I covered everything from meth busts to fracking to the homeless
to a young man struck by lightening.
• While living in San Diego, I regularly reported at two of the area's award-winning
stations: KOCT, The Oceanside Channel and Del Mar TV, where I hosted
and produced "Hitting it Off" – Single in San Diego.
Video Editing: Final Cut Pro, Edius, iMovie
Newsroom: ENPS, WorldNow, Anvato,Clickability, CNN Newsource
Shooting: DSLR, Panasonic P2, Mini DV, TVUPack
Other: WordPress, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Flash
Social Media: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn,
• At WTAP-TV, my news director called me a triple threat and the
station's “go to health reporter.”
• I am a regular fixture at the local police, sheriff’s departments,
prosecutors’ offices and courthouses.
• I've also interviewed senators, governors and mayors.
• My story about two women who lost their children to heroin was
widely recognized, along with a much loved piece on the Battle
Against Cystic Fibrosis band camp.
Personally invited by New Jersey bureau chief of The Associated Press to take the AP writing test. Upon passing the exam, my name was added to the nationwide AP database of qualified writers.